Call for ISEA2024 Online Exhibition
UPDATE: The submission deadline for online creative works has now been extended until midnight, Sunday 14 January 2024 AEST.
ISEA2024 will feature a virtual exhibition within a network of Mozilla Hubs spaces. This exhibition is part of our remote hybrid strategy and will be accessible globally during the entire month following ISEA2024. In addition, artists unable to attend ISEA in person will deliver talks, panels, and papers in this room network. If you do not wish your Hubs room to be used as a virtual location for talks, panels, and papers, please state this in your submission in the ‘ proposal’ section.
We encourage submissions that relate to the symposium theme, exploring conceptions of place, time and story. We also welcome artworks relevant to the broader scope of ISEA. We particularly encourage submissions from First Nations artists and emerging artists at the start of their careers.
How will it work?
Each individual artist-created Mozilla Hubs room will be linked to a web VR network through a Spoke link. Spoke ( the authoring platform for Mozilla Hubs) has the capacity to incorporate a variety of assets to create immersive experiences in a virtual environment, including video, 3D assets with animation, images, text, avatars, and spatial audio. You can find more information on Mozilla Hubs and how to author in Spoke here: https://hubs.mozilla.com/
Licensing: For submission, simply author using the free Starter license, as we will work with selected artists to upgrade their Spoke using our Professional license.
Online creative work submissions
To apply, please upload via the online submission portal, a submission of 2-4 pages using the provided template along with your CV/portfolio in PDF format.
- Your submission should include the following:
- A bio of the artist (up to 300 words)
- Artistic statement. This statement will be used on public ISEA2024 materials (200-500 words)
- Spoke link
CV/portfolio to be uploaded separately to your submission and is not included in the 2-4 page limit.
Online creative work submissions do not need to be anonymised.
All online creative work submissions will be reviewed by at least two anonymous independent reviewers from the Art Jury, who will rank submissions based on quality, relevance, and originality.
Creative works will be included in the symposium proceedings, and catalogue.
The symposium chairs will make the final decision of acceptance or rejection based on the reviewers’ recommendations, the project’s overall feasibility, and the fit with the symposium’s exhibition program.
Any rejected submissions may be considered for artist talks or presentations in other streams.
- Relevance: Does the work engage with the theme for ISEA2024, or with ISEA more broadly?
- Quality: Does the work demonstrate high standards of formal and conceptual quality, encompassing technical, conceptual, and formal aspects?
- Innovation: Does the work demonstrate creative use of technology and offer new and original ways of perceiving, representing, or envisioning the world?
- Feasibility: Is the work technically and logistically feasible for presentation online
Click the below button to access the online creative works submission portal. Only submissions submitted through this online portal will be considered for the 2024 program.
Submissions for online creative works will close at midnight on Sunday, 14 January 2024 AEST.
Submitting authors will be notified the status of their submission by late January 2024.
Instructions to authors and submission formatting guidelines
- Only proposals submitted through the online submission portal will be considered.
- We request that all submissions are formatted to the guidelines using the template provided.
- The official language of the event is English. Submissions must be written in English.
- All submissions must be accompanied with a signed copyright form available here.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- You will receive an automated response to say that your submission has been received. If you don’t receive this email please contact the symposium organiser, Expert Events.
If you have any queries regarding the submission process please contact the ISEA2024 symposium organiser, Expert Events.