Meanjin (Brisbane) is a vibrant, friendly, lifestyle city – home to leading scientific research and a thriving industry hub. Located on the east coast in the heart of Australia’s premier tourist region, Meanjin (Brisbane) is close to some of the world’s greatest natural attractions. With year-round temperate climate, Meanjin (Brisbane) is a dynamic cosmopolitan city with a relaxed, welcoming alfresco lifestyle. Bike paths and riverside walkways make walking and cycling around Meanjin (Brisbane) a scenic delight. Alive with lush parks, tropical gardens and with its own inner-city man-made beach at South Bank, inner-city Meanjin (Brisbane) offers the perfect refuge for locals and visitors alike.
- Visit the Queensland Art Gallery & Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA), located across two adjacent riverside buildings, to discover the history of Queensland art as well as contemporary exhibitions.
- Relax at Streets Beach – Brisbane’s unique man-made beach and swimming lagoon in the parkland.
- Learn about Queensland’s natural history at the Queensland Museum.
- Walk or cycle along the riverside to Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park and take in the view!
Across the river from South Bank is the city centre, and this is accessible for pedestrians over Victoria Bridge. Some popular sites in the city include Brisbane City Hall, Queen Street Mall, Roma Street Parklands, Eagle Street Pier, and the City Botanic Gardens. Learn more about what to see and do in Brisbane at visitbrisbane.com.au.
A popular way to explore Brisbane is via the City Cat services, which operate regularly along with a network of 25 riverside terminals.
Other activities in Meanjin (Brisbane)
- Take a day trip or stay at Moreton Island for incredible snorkelling opportunities, four-wheel driving, tobogganing on sand dunes and wild dolphin experiences.
- Visit Eat Street Markets at Hamilton for a wonderful mix of market stalls, streed food eateries and a festive atmosphere with live entertainment. Eat Street is open Friday to Sunday.
- Climb the most iconic structure in Brisbane, the Story Bridge. The Story Bridge Adventure Climb Experience gives a unique perspective of the city and its surrounds with the best views of Brisbane.
- Cuddle a koala and get to see other Australian wildlife at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Take a ferry to discover the beaches of North Stadbroke Island.